I love feedback. Leave a comment below!

Potomac Heritage 50K: DNF

My day at Potomac Heritage 50K ended before mile 10. I simply didn't have anything in my legs. I got a few photos, so I'll share those instead of boring DNF stories.

 

It was perfect cool weather for trail running, and the sun finally emerged after many days of post-Sandy clouds.



Two lovely trail options

There were quite a few blowdowns thanks to Sandy

Some sweet downhill

The infamous tunnel

C&O Canal Towpath

Leaving Aid Station #3

Hubz examines a deer skull

Runners pause at aid station #3

At the always stellar post-run party
Thanks to Kerry Owens and Doug Sullivan and all the folks who volunteered and made it all happen. 

4 comments:

  1. So here's something I love about the ultra-running community that seems missing from other endurance communities: The chill attitude and sense of perspective that a race is just a race. You didn't have a 50K in your legs that day, so you ran 10, then took some gorgeous photos and decided to run again another day. So smart, so simple, and such great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Reminds me of my Runner's World quote of the day email today:

    The reason we race isn't so much to beat each other but to be with each other.

    Christopher McDougall, "Born to Run"

    Looks like a fabulous day on trail (& off) with friends. Wish I could have joined you! See you soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly think you live in one of the most beautiful places in the country, Kirstin! I have only been to DC, so I've never seen the "outlying" areas, but I know I need to find a race up there sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carilyn, we have some really lovely trails out here. Come play!

      Delete

I love feedback. Leave a comment!